10th January: Vishwa Hindi Divas – 8th World Hindi Day 2013
Posted by ElJay Arem (IMC OnAir) on January 9, 2013
World Day to be celebrated every year. – Where in 2013 ??
Ministry of External Affairs and a number of Indian Missions abroad celebrated World Hindi Day on 10th January, 2006 for the first time. Hindi competitions were organized on this occasion. On the occasion of World Hindi Day on 10th January, 2007 Ministry of External Affairs organized a Hindi Essay competition for foreign students, who are studying Hindi in India. The winners were given prizes by the Chief Guest by the Minister of State for External Affairs, Shri Anand Sharma at a grand function held on 10th Janauary,2007. A number of Indian Missions abroad also celebrated World Hindi Day in January, 2007 on a large scale and organized various Hindi competitions and cultural programmes. It has been decided that World Hindi Day will be celebrated annually. (Source: 7th World Hindi Conference (Paramaribo (Suriname), 5-9 June, 2003))
(Source: Google Books – Pratiyogita Darpan (Sept 2007))
What about the future of Hindi ? – That’s all what we found for 2013:
- Message of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh on the occasion of the World Hindi Day 2013 (2nd January 2013)… see PDF
- 04.01.2013: World Hindi Day to be observed by CUTN on 10-01-2013
The Hindi Section, in order to promote the knowledge and skills in use of official language (Hindi) among the employees and the students in consonance with the policy of Government of India, will organize competitions as scheduled…
All those (except Hindi Speaking), who are interested to participate in any/all the above competitions are requested to be present at Class Room No. 114 (I Floor), at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the competition or may write/register their names at the Hindi Section in advance. Certificates with the Cash Prizes will be awarded to the winners on ‘World Hindi Day’ function scheduled to be held on 10th January, 2013 (FN) at MPH.
- 8th December 2012: IGNOU celebrates World Hindi Day
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University celebrated the World Hindi Day with competitions and contests, an official said on Wednesday. Celebrated annually on Jan 10, the World Hindi Day function at IGNOU took place Tuesday and witnessed participation from a large number of varsity employees. “Hindi is the link language which covers the entire country including Delhi where people come from all other cities,” said M. Aslam, the vice chancellor of IGNOU.
“It is necessary to publicise Hindi voluntarily rather than by pressure,” he added. The university awarded 10 winners of a quiz and a typing test held as part of the celebration. The university, among the largest in the world, serves the educational aspirations of over four million students in India and 36 other countries.
(Source: Dec 2012 – News for Education)
- World Hindi Day celebrations in Colombo…
The Indian Cultural Centre, Colombo, is organising the ‘World Hindi Day’ on 10 January 2013 from 3.30 pm to 7 pm in its auditorium at 16/2 Gregory’s Road, Colombo 7.
As part of the celebrations Certificates will be distributed to the students who passed the Hindi examinations and prizes will be given to the winners of the competitions held in Hindi Diwas 2012. It will be followed by a conference on “Influence of Hindi in Sri Lanka”.
Indian High Commissioner Ashok K Kantha will be inaugurating the conference as the Chief Guest.
The participants in the conference will be Founder and Director of Hindi Niketan Saranaguptha Weerasinghe, Prof. Lakshman Senevirathna of the University of Kelaniya, Prof. Indralatha Dissanayake (retired) of the University of Kelaniya and Nilanthi Rajapakse of theUniversity of Jayawardenepura.
The conference will be followed by a variety programme by ICC students.
(Source: 9th Jan 2013 – Daily News (Sri Lanka))
- Ljubljana, Slovenia: “WORLD HINDI DAY “WORLD HINDI DAY & ALUMNI MEET” (details see PDF)
S o m e r e v i e w s o v e r t h e l a s t y e a r s . . .
Embassy of India, Doha celebrated World Hindi Day on January 10, 2012
Vishwa Hindi Divas 2012 at South Asia Institute (SAI) of University of Heidelberg
World Hindi Day 2011 in Tel Aviv…
World Hindi Day 2011 in Cairo…
World Hindi Day 2010 in Slovenia…
World Hindi Day 2009…
- Hindi Language Has a Narrative of The Most (socyberty.com)
- Relevance of Hindi in 21st century (admissionjankari.wordpress.com)
- HTC Explorer becomes the first Android Smartphone to offer Hindi and Tamil language support (mobigyaan.com)
- The Popularity of The Hindi News is Continuously Increasing (socyberty.com)
- How to Enable Hindi/Indic Support on Android Phone (jitu.info)
- Why My Kids Aren’t Bilingual (blogs.wsj.com)
- Hindi Films (ourpoetrycorner.wordpress.com)
- Beyond Namaste: A passion for Hindi (indrus.in)
- Taking Hindi literature across the country (thehindu.com)
- Dallas-area students being taught Hindi (edweek.org)