Ministers and Deputy Ministers, Members of the media. Thank you for attending this media briefing ahead of the historic 5th BRICS Summit which is being held on South African soil for the first time. But before we discuss that important matter, … Continued
5th BRICS Summit 2013 (26th – 27th March)
Posted by ElJay Arem (IMC OnAir) on March 25, 2013
The BRICS summit 2013 is scheduled to take place in Durban, South Africa on 26th and 27th March.
The BRICS grouping (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) helds annual summits since 2009, with member countries taking turns to host. Prior to South Africa’s admission, two BRIC summits were held, in 2009 and 2010.
The first five-member BRICS summit was held in 2011. The most recent summit took place in New Delhi, India, on March 29, 2012. (Wikipedia.org)
These summits are convened to seek common ground on areas of importance for these major economies. Talks represent spheres of political and entrepreneurial coordination, in which member countries have identified several business opportunities, economic complementarities and areas of cooperation.
BRICS is an acronym for the powerful grouping of the world’s leading emerging economies, namely Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The first BRIC Summit took place in Yekateringburg, Russia, where the elected leaders of the four countries formally declared the membership of the BRIC economic bloc. South Africa joined the bloc in 2010, resulting in BRICS.
The BRICS mechanism aims to achieve peace, security, development and cooperation. It also seeks to contribute significantly to the development of humanity and establish a more equitable and fair world.
(Source: 03/2013 – Official Website)
Search Results for “Culture”:
1. ITAR-TASS: Brics‘ relatively new phenomenon attracts increased global attention due to the optimistic predictions about its development, especially against the backdrop of global crisis developments in the world economy. What is Brics’ immediate and long-term significance for Russia? Is … Continued
Food security will be high on the agenda at the 5th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Summit in Durban next week, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson said during a roadshow on the summit in Nelspruit, … Continued
Yacoob Abba Omar When you are outside of government, it is very tempting make jokes about the various acronyms that fly around and the institutions they supposedly represent. Okay, we all know what the UN or the G20 is, but … Continued
Programme Director, Members of the Diplomatic Community, Consular Representatives from BRICS Member States Members of the Business Community and Captains of Industry, Members of the Academia and Think-Tanks, Members of the Media, Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to …Continued
BRIC(S) is the only grouping whose name was coined by a Wall Street-based finance company in 2001, while predicting a shift in global economic power, away from the developed G7 countries towards the developing world. It was, however, the shared … Continued
A letter from Tswhane Pretoria News 26/02/2013 BRICS – Why South Africa’s Citizens Should Care By Millar Matola When South Africa plays host to the prestigious 5th BRICS Summit from 26 to 27 March in Durban, this will be a … Continued
Media Advisory 26 February 2013 The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Ms Tina Joemat-Pettersson, who also serves as a member of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on BRICS, will address the Northern Cape Province’s BRICS roadshow. The purpose of the roadshow … Continued
Programme Director, Minister Derek Hanekom (Science and Technology) Excellencies, Ambassadors of Brazil, India, and China Ambassador Matjila, (Director General in the Department of International Relations) Members of EXCO Gauteng, Executive Mayors Representatives of Business, Stakeholders, Members of Media, Ladies and … Continued
PRESS RELEASE North West Premier Thandi Modise is upbeat about the first BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) EXPO and International Trade and Tourism Conference that her province will be hosting. The four-day International Investor conference is scheduled to … Continued
(Source: 03/2013 – Official Website)
- Africa is focus at 5th BRICS Summit (vancouverdesi.com)
- PM to push growth at Durban BRICS Summit (news.in.msn.com)
- Tight security as BRICS summit begins (indrus.in)
- Interview: Fifth BRICS summit to help build BRICS-Africa cooperation (nzweek.com)
- Putin will participate in a fifth BRICS summit due in Durban on March 26-27 (indrus.in)
- South Africa to host memorable BRICS summit: Zuma (nzweek.com)
- PM to push growth at Durban BRICS Summit (vancouverdesi.com)
- Fifth BRICS summit critical in redefining the future of the developing nations: ANC (nzweek.com)
- BRICS Development Bank: Figuring Out The Durban Bid – Analysis (eurasiareview.com)
- BRICS Business Forum opens on eve of BRICS summit in South Africa (indrus.in)
- Manmohan Singh to push for economic growth at Brics summit (gulfnews.com)
Review the BRICS 2012 Summit in New Delhi (Free Report)