Playlists 2013 …
Posted by ElJay Arem (IMC OnAir) on January 1, 2013
Music examples (teaser) of Indian Classical Music …
Listen to and Enjoy some Raga tunes from our 2013 shows (playlists):
90th Show (01/20/13) – Raga CDs of the Month: n.n.
91st Show (02/17/13) – Raga CDs of the Month: n.n.
92nd Show (03/17/13) – Raga CDs of the Month: G.N. Balasubramaniam – The Prince of Carnatic Music (musical biography)
new premiere show coming soon: 21st April 2013 – Raga CDs of the Month…
example of a raga form: Raga Jhinjoti – the beauty of this melodious raga lies in its simplicity. It utilizes all the notes and use “komal Ni“*.This is a supportive raga of the Thaat Khamaj*. Elaboration of this raga is normally restricted to the lower and middle octave. The play time is the second quarter of the night.
*) … Thaat consists of the seven notes (SA, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni) and is designated by the change of shuddha (naturally played), komal (softly played) and teevra (hard played).
G.N. Balasubramaniam – The Prince of Carnatic Music (a musical biography) – 17th March 2013
part 1… (03:00-03:58 pm)
- Raga Hamsadhwani (Dikshitar) – CD Anandana Natesa (2003, SaReGaMa)
- Raga Bhairavi (Ragam + Tanam) – CD Ragamrutham – G. N. Balasubramaniam (Live at Mysore (1957), Swathi’s Sanskriti Series)
- rAga sudhA rasa – AndOLikA (Adi) – G.N. Balasubramaniam – Pleasure Jaunt
part 2… (04:00-04:58 pm)
- Maha gaNapatim in Raga Todi (Rupakam) – G.N. Balasubramaniam
- Shivakamesvarim in Raga Kalyani (G.N. Balasubramaniam) – Muthuswami Dikshitar – Krithis (Vol. 5)
- SukhiEvaro (Tyagaraja) in Raga Kanada – CD Ragamrutham – G. N. Balasubramaniam (Live at Mysore (1957), Swathi’s Sanskriti Series)
Jingle: WEST meets EAST – indian ragas on western instruments
(CDNF 150562 ADD Made in India . PKD. 12/2004)
P & C 2004 Owner, Manufacturer: SAREGAMA INDIA Ltd., 33, Jessore Road, Kolkata – 700 028. India (Original sound recording: The Gramophone Company of India Ltd.)