Tribute to Mohandas K. Gandhi (2nd Oct 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat; † 30th Jan 1948 in New-Delhi, Delhi)
Posted by ElJay Arem (IMC OnAir) on January 30, 2012
Martyrdom, 30 January 1948: The epic life of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was ended. This 17 min 30 sec film tells the story of the tragic but glorious day of Gandhi’s martyrdom in the cause of unity and love – a day that turned the nations of the world into one mourning family.
He had said, “If I am to die by the bullet of a mad man, I must do so smiling.” He bowed to his assassin and died with the name of God on his lips. He was the Victorious One in death as in life.
… and pls read the commentary.
For personal, institutional and commercial use contact by email
The Gandhi National Memorial Fund
Script: Vithalbhai Jhaveri
Commentary: Vithalbhai Jhaveri
Direction: Vithalbhai Jhaveri
Voice: Romesh Thapar
Film id: ma_07_14_viewing
Digital Mastering: Peter Ruehe (chairperson of Gandhi Information Center, Berlin from 1983 to 1992)
- Assassination of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi -1948 (carocks.wordpress.com)
- Father Of The Nation Remembered At Mahatma Gandhi Forum (your-story.org)
- Mahatma Gandhi’s Assassination & R. S. S. : Facts & Fiction (mevidur.wordpress.com)
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (earthpages.wordpress.com)
- Mahatma Gandhi is assassinated (oup.com)
- 500 young boys dress as Mahatma Gandhi in record-breaking peace march to honour civil rights leader (dailymail.co.uk)
- The world in photos: Monday, January 30, 2012 (news.nationalpost.com)